Simplifying daily procedures
- 20% of nurses’ working time is spent on patient mobility and handling (1)
- 47% of caregivers reported back pain (2)
- Caregivers are still at top of the number of work-related MSD’s (3)
- Nurse turns immobile patients up to 11× per shift (4)
Easy control of the hospital bed ensures the ergonomic position of the caregiver and effective handling of the patient.
GET IN TOUCH AND LEARN MORE ABOUT ESSENZA 300 LT
(1) Al Johani, W. A., & Pascua, G. P. Impacts of manual handling training and lifting devices on risks of back pain among nurses: An integrative literature review. Nurse Media Journal of Nursing. 2019 9(2), 210-230. doi:10.14710/nmjn.v9i2.26435.
(2) OSHA. Musculoskeletal disorders in the healthcare sector. European Agency for Safety and Health at Work. 2020. Cited: 12 Dec 2022. Available online: https://osha.europa. eu/en/publications/musculoskeletal-disorders-healthcare-sector
(3) Number and rate of nonfatal work injuries in detailed private industries. U.S. BUREAU OF LABOR STATISTICS. 2020. Available oline: https://www.bls.gov/charts/injuries-and-illnesses/number-and-rate-of-nonfatal-work-injuries-by-industry-subsector.htm
(4) Linet White Paper: Fighting against MSD by lateral tilt. 2023