Pressure injury prevention
- Worldwide prevalence of HAPI varies from 6–18.5% in acute care segment (1)
- Pressure injuries can develop within minutes of immobility (2)
- The cost of treating pressure injuries varies from £1,214 to £14,108 (3)
Alternating pressure mattress provides periodic pressure relief.
Intermittent Pressure Reduction
Due to the alternating 2-cell system, Air2Care reduces pressure and helps to minimize sustained pressure peaks to the patient’s body. Alternating pressure can be used for pressure injury prevention as part of an overall program of care.
Automatic Pressure Setting with the Easy Smart System
At the press of a button, the mattress will automatically and
continuously adjust to the patient’s individual size, weight and
Wide range of mattresses for Essenza
To provide high patient comfort and prevention of pressure injuries, LINET offers a wide choice of mattress replacements for Essenza according to the needs of patients with different risk levels of pressure injury development.
GET IN TOUCH AND LEARN MORE ABOUT ESSENZA 300 LT
(1) Tervo-Heikkinen TA, Heikkilä A, Koivunen M, Kortteisto TR, Peltokoski J, Salmela S, Sankelo M, Ylitörmänen TS, Junttila K. Pressure injury prevalence and incidence in acute inpatient care and related risk factors: A cross-sectional national study. Int Wound J. 2022 May;19(4):919-931. doi: 10.1111/iwj.13692. Epub 2021 Oct 4. PMID: 34605185; PMCID: PMC9013578.
(2) Gefen A, Brienza DM, Cuddigan J, Haesler E, Kottner J. Our contemporary understanding of the aetiology of pressure ulcers/pressure injuries. Int Wound J. 2022 Mar;19(3):692-704. doi: 10.1111/iwj.13667. Epub 2021 Aug 11. PMID: 34382331; PMCID: PMC8874092.
(3) Padula WV, Delarmente BA. The national cost of hospital-acquired pressure injuries in the United States. Int Wound J. 2019 Jun;16(3):634-640. doi: 10.1111/iwj.13071. Epub 2019 Jan 28. PMID: 30693644; PMCID: PMC7948545.